WATCH: Defect Management
When a tester executes the test cases, he might come across the test result which is contradictory to expected result. This variation in the test result is referred as a defect. These defects or variation are referred by different names in a different organization likeissues, problem, bug or incidents.
While reporting the bug to developer, your Bug Report should contain the following information
- Defect_ID - Unique identification number for the defect.
- Defect Description - Detailed description of the defect including information about the module in which defect was found.
- Version - Version of the application in which defect was found.
- Steps - Detailed steps along with screenshots with which the developer can reproduce the defects.
- Date Raised - Date when the defect is raised
- Reference- where in you Provide reference to the documents like . requirements, design, architecture or may be even screenshots of the error to help understand the defect
- Detected By - Name/ID of the tester who raised the defect
- Status - Status of the defect , more on this later
- Fixed by - Name/ID of the developer who fixed it
- Date Closed - Date when the defect is closed
- Severity which describes the impact of the defect on the application
- Priority which is related to defect fixing urgency. Severity Priority could be High/Medium/Low based on the impact urgency at which the defect should be fixed respectively